We have all experienced the wonder of walking into a newly cleaned house, whether we just had cleaners come to our home or put on the gloves ourselves and got to work cleaning and organizing our living space over the weekend. While cleaning may be a seemingly trivial task, its benefits are proven through countless research studies, which makes sense for one of the oldest and largest professions in the world. We have all heard powerful people speak about the benefits of making your bed in the morning, countless CEOs, Navy SEALS, self-help gurus, Presidents, Congressman, etc. discuss this simple practice. Sometimes this may even seem a bit patronizing, simply making our beds can’t possibly be that influential in helping us reach our goals and dreams! But there are many studies indicating that this small habit improves sleep, organization, mental health, clarity & function, etc. Having a nice tidy made bed in your bedroom is a nice little steppingstone on the path to success.
In our commercial cleaning industry, the principles that apply to the wonder of a nicely cleaned home, a made bed, or a clean kitchen are very much applicable to your professional work environment. After all, as people are returning from working from home, many of us are spending more and more time in the office. A clean working space not only improves company morale, but it enhances productivity. It helps establish positive attitudes and habits in your workforce, and it also demonstrates to employees that you care about their well-being. It might even boost those stubborn and reluctant employees returning to the office after working from home to feel a little bit more incentivized to be back in the office. In many ways the working environment provided to your employees establishes a branding for your company, you want your employees to want to be in the office working alongside you, and so do we! Obviously, this applies to clients as well, if your employees take pride in the building they work in they will be more likely to host clients in the office, it is one of the easiest ways to make an immediate impression on current or potential clients. To put it simply in another way, we do this in our own personal hygiene as well, we shower, shave, and put on some nice clothes to present the best version of ourselves when we arrive at work. Why not practice these same habits in your work environment?
While some may look at the cleaning profession as a dirty job or menial task, we take great pride in making a living through the enhancement of other people’s lives. With the holidays approaching, accompanied by New Years resolutions, goals, and good habits to be implemented, there is not a better time to start taking the appearance of your office space and company morale seriously. Altos Building Maintenance is here to help you do just that.
Our professional janitorial team will keep your office looking clean and presentable, providing a healthy work environment for your employees.
From carpets to hardwood floors, our janitorial team has the expertise and equipment to keep your floors looking new with our floor cleaning services.
Let us help you make a great first impression with our window cleaning services. We'll keep your windows sparkling clean and streak-free.
Our janitorial team will keep your restrooms clean and sanitized, providing a safe and healthy environment for your employees and customers.
Our team will keep your business looking clean and presentable with our trash removal services, ensuring that your property always looks its best.
We offer eco-friendly cleaning services that are safe for the environment and your employees. Let us help you create a healthier workplace.
Not only do we have excellent janitors that are consummate cleaning professionals, but we also emphasize versatility and excellent customer service to address the needs of our clients. Our objective is maximizing the value of the time we are contracted to be on site for our clients. This could include setting up for events, organizing, assembling, and preparing conference rooms for important meetings, changing light bulbs, stocking & organizing kitchen supplies, helping with special projects, putting up and taking down holiday decorations, etc. To us, the SOW is just a guide, we take pride in being able to assist our clients in any way that we can.
Our operations team takes great pride in promptly responding to all facilities related needs, as any facilities manager knows, there is always something to do and emergencies can arise at any time. Preventative maintenance always helps to mitigate these situations, but immediately addressing any issues and staying on top of the day to day operations helps us be prepared for whatever might come up. With Altos Building Maintenance you know that we will respond immediately and be there to provide solutions to any issues that may occur at your facility.
Our operations team has a combined century plus of industry knowledge, resulting in top notch training protocols that builds the foundation of our business: excellent employees. Our employees are the best in the industry because we are able to pass down this wealth of experience which provides an outstanding company culture where everyone feels valued and appreciated, by both management and clients! This is one of the core reasons why we have such a low turnover rate in an industry that is notorious for having a high turnover rate. Due to our low turnover rate, our employees gain invaluable experience by getting the opportunity to work in and learn the buildings, which is passed on to our clients as there is not a revolving door of new and different employees showing up to their facility over time. This consistency is one of the hallmarks of our success, in an industry with so many variables it is imperative to be able to control what we can.
Before and after photos of a wood restoration, post bracketing, and repainting project that we sub-contracted out for one of our clients. Some of the wood in these posts had rotted which resulted in wobbly and loose hand railing, at the very least an eyesore and at worst a potential injury liability. We take pride in being a comprehensive building maintenance company instead of just a commercial cleaning janitorial company, if we can't address your facility's needs, we will find someone who can! We are here to handle facilities maintenance work so you can focus on other projects.
It’s no secret that the pandemic has been hard on small businesses. A quick look at how the corporate conglomerates have performed during this unprecedented time will tell you one thing: the rich get richer. In our cleaning services industry, which encompasses commercial cleaning services, janitorial services, commercial office cleaning, facilities services, building maintenance services, etc. working with a small company like Altos Building Maintenance can have a lot of distinct advantages:
1) Pride of ownership: Our small business needs to provide the best service possible because it is a direct reflection on OUR company, as opposed to a large company that is just paying someone a salary to represent THEIR company, we represent ourselves which is why we take pride of ownership in everything we do. We don’t have to be afraid and defensive about issues that are brought to our attention, because we are our own boss, we can just focus on providing solutions instead of worrying about a complaint or issue making its way up the corporate chain of command and the associated consequences.
2) Flexibility and personalization: Everything is more personalized. We are very flexible in providing both scheduled and emergency disinfecting services, carpet cleaning (steam cleaning, bonnet cleaning, carpet extraction, stain removal), hard floor maintenance (machine polish, deep clean, grout cleaning, strip and wax), day porter and night services, multi-tenant building services, emergency services, small repairs, lighting replacement, electrostatic spraying, sanitize and disinfect high touch point areas, and pretty much anything cleaning related that you will need. We also have several companies we work with as sub-contractors for plumbing, electrical work, painting, some construction projects, large scale repairs, etc. We take pride in being a comprehensive facilities maintenance company. Basically, we can handle anything facilities related for you, and if we can’t do it we will find someone who can. We are a reliable, comprehensive facilities maintenance company.
3) Communication: is important in any business but especially in ours. You won’t be dealing with a corporate chain of command; where sometimes dozens of people need to be involved to have a clear picture of the objective, and there needs to be approvals at each level. Instead, you are dealing with the business owners who have extra incentive to prioritize your needs. Chances are that you have never met the CEO or owners of your large-scale commercial cleaning company, and if you have, it was just to sign a commercial cleaning contract.
4) Responsiveness: We have found that we are more available to get to clients faster, it takes less time to write up and send out proposals, and billing is simple and easier. We have loyalty to our clients and we are available at a moment's notice to respond to any facilities related issue that a client may be having: it could be a toilet overflowing, large-scale water leak, or someone getting sick on the carpet. We respond rapidly and efficiently and our clients know they can call us to handle short notice facilities related issues.
5) Our employees: Because we are family owned, we have better employees working for us: we have an incredibly low employee turnover rate for our industry (more efficient labor, better relationships with employees (spanning decades), and you won’t be seeing a revolving door of janitors at your facilities). We understand the value created by their work and that is why they take pride in the work they do, we work directly with our employees to solve facilities related issues, and they don’t just feel like a cog in a machine. This also makes our training practices more efficient and communication with supervisors is enhanced.
6) Relationships: you are much more likely to have a long-lasting relationship with supervisors, employees, and obviously the owners because they are less likely to accept other positions, move for a new position, or accept a different position in another branch of the company. You also have clearer picture of a small company’s operating procedures and a more intimate relationship with your facilities maintenance company and the employees that you are communicating with.
7) Prioritization: your business and its facilities needs are the priority, not lost in the shuffle among several other high-profile clients. Your business is appreciated, and it shows when you are working with a family run small business.
Not to mention that you are helping local businesses and people in your community instead of large well-established corporations and overpaid executives. It turns out that bigger is not always better.
Dust and allergens are not necessarily always visible, have you ever looked behind the desktop after not cleaning it for a month? We keep the blinds up most of the winter and the windows shut, leading to an accumulation of dust that may not be noticeable. Windows also tend to be more exposed to the elements throughout the winter so interior/exterior window and glass cleaning/washing is also very important. Lastly hard floors are exposed to a lot more dirt and mud from the elements during the winter months, it is important to have the grout and tile cleaned coming into spring. This also applies to ESD floor finish on lab floors, so it is always important to apply a floor finish remover and then apply a new coat of wax to protect your floors and leave them looking brand new.
Your janitorial company should be using a HEPA filter vacuum AND the filter should be changed frequently. Too many companies do not change the filters enough leading to loss of suction and general ineffectiveness, even though the vacuum may be able to suction visible debris on the carpet it is not able to penetrate deep into the pile of the carpet to remove embedded dirt, dust, mud, bacteria, allergens, etc.
After the winter months it is important to clean carpets to improve air quality, prevent mold growth, restore carpet texture, remove dust, bacteria, stains and allergens. Most carpet warranties require yearly professional cleaning, give us a call today and we can deep clean and extract your facility's carpets in preparation for spring.
Copyright © 2022 Altos Building Maintenance - All Rights Reserved.